What makes HealthForward stand out from the crowd? Quite simply – it’s our people. Our team at HealthForward is comprised of qualified, trained, and experienced professionals to help payers and plan members manage specialty medication costs, while optimizing health outcomes for patients.
The HealthForward Difference
- We are experts in complex and chronic conditions.
Our Health Case Managers are registered nurses that have experience and expertise in managing patients with specialty medications. We service various therapeutic areas including Crohn’s and Ulcerative Colitis, Multiple Sclerosis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Asthma, and Hepatitis C.
- We do Health Case Management the HealthForward way.
Our Health Case Managers receive specialized training in validated techniques such as motivational interviewing, health coaching, and medication management. We take pride in being the plan member’s single point of contact through their journey from coverage to medication delivery and beyond.
- We understand the reimbursement complexities for specialty medications.
Decisions regarding specialty medications are not black and white. We engage the plan member’s physician and other members of their health team to fully understand their medical history.
- We were the first to launch a nationwide Preferred Pharmacy Network across Canada
Founded in 2012, HealthForward formed Canada’s first Preferred Pharmacy Network (PPN). Our coordinators are experts in the PPN model and explaining the benefits to plan members and helping them find their right pharmacy.
- We don’t engage in sub-contractors
Health Case Management is built on the trust and relationship formed with the plan member. That’s why we interview, hire, and train our own people to ensure HealthForward maintains its commitment to quality service and, support.
- We provide multilingual support.
Our team offers support in both English and French, with translation services for 180 additional languages.
HealthForward's Guiding Principles
HealthForward employ five guiding principles for ethical management and performance of our team members and programs.
- Accountability. Focus on collective accountability and engagement for outcome-based coverage decisions
- Integrity. Maintain open-mindedness and learn to adapt to situations with flexibility.
- Governance. Adhere to the cornerstones of good governance, ethics and transparency
- Collaboration. Active collaboration is the key to improved program results and patient outcomes.
- People. HealthForward is a part of the patient’s circle of care – strive for excellence in everything you undertake.